The world is full of attractive places and people. To visits them, you need to plan your vacation. Moreover, going for a vacation is also a good way to relax after a period of work or anxiety. However, planning and making arrangements for the recreation is a brain racking process. You have to find out the places you to want to explore, check the hotel rents and travelling expenses, get to know about the climate to pick up appropriate apparels, and lots more. To make your job easy, tourist information centers are set up by the local authorities. When you visit or call these centers, you would be guided by the tourist information assistants. These tourist information assistants assist and guide you on all aspects of your tour. Jobs in this category are available for those who love to interact with people and guide them about places and people. If you are planning to seek a career in the tourism industry, but are skeptical about starting it, relax! You can join this profession even if you are not a graduate as an information assistant. But for that, you should write a tourist information assistant resume.
You can send your tourist information assistant resume to the centers run by the state agencies, and the local organizations. Once employed, you will be conversing with the tourist on the phone, through writing, or in person providing them information about the local area. Though qualification is not a big deal in securing the job, a course in travel and tourism would make the tourist information assistant resume more attractive.
In addition, the tourist information assistant resume should speak about your interpersonal and communication skills because the job demands so. Further, it should also show that you have a good knowledge about the places, including its historical and geographical background. The recruiters should be able to make out from the tourist information assistant resume about how you have contributed in making someone’s vacation worth.
Tourist Information Assistant Resume
Carl C. Wicks
1022 Renwick Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19108
I understand that to work in the tourist information assistant position, one must have a thorough knowledge and love for the place one belongs to, and this, you will find in me abundantly. Now, I would like to take my knowledge and experience further for educating and informing people to make their visit more convincing and pleasing.
Summary of Qualifications
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Total knowledge of the historical and geographical importance of city, town and district
- Knowledge of computer, cultural and traditional concepts of local areas
- Well-groomed and attractive personality
- Ability to guide and assist tourists in planning their itineraries
- Good telephonic mannerism and ability to provide required information succinctly
- Can speak and write French and German languages other than English
- Familiar with sign language
- Friendly manner and enjoy working and interacting with strangers
- Great listening skills both on phone and in person
Tourist Information Assistant
Oasis Visitor Center, Philadelphia, PA
2009 – Present
- Provide information about tourist places in person, on phone and through writing
- Work and coordinate with the team in making customers’ bookings
- Distribute travel kits such as brochures, leaflets, and guidebooks to tourists
- Book hotel accommodations, tickets for events or theatre performances, and vehicles for visiting places
- Maintain stock of travelling literatures and goods of recreation
- Monitor the cleanliness of the center
- Assist tourists in planning itineraries to make maximum of their time worth
- Sell products for fishing and hunting, including licenses
High School Diploma
Public City High School, Philadelphia, PA
Tourist information assistants work the same way any person handles the customer service department. So, if you have obtained a training or experience related to the service industry, include it in the tourist information assistant resume to assist you with the selection process.