Tax preparers collate information on income and expenses of clients. They review various handbooks pertaining tax laws to find the different procedures to file returns. They also analyze forms and give proper guidance to employees and clients. Tax preparers make sure the forms and documents are error free and prepared keeping in mind the rules and regulations followed by the government. A tax preparer resume should be drafted keeping the above factors into consideration. It should be drafted professionally and should be precise.
Here is a sample tax preparer resume that can be used by candidates as a reference before drafting a resume in this category. Candidates skills and previous job experience is the highlight of a tax preparer resume.
Sample Tax Preparer Resume
Name: Walter I. Gutierrez
Address: 4961 Melm Street
Providence, RI 02908
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: June 10, 1975.
Looking for a respectable position as a Tax Preparer in a growing organization. My previous records indicate strong work ethics and the ability to work in a fast paced firm using my analytical skills and aspirations to grow.
Skills and qualifications
- Vast knowledge of tax laws for filing and preparing income tax returns
- Good interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral
- Can work in a team or independently
Organization: GHJ Professional, Inc., Georgia.
Designation: Tax Preparer
Tenure: 2006 to present
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare income tax statements on a timely basis
- Interview clients to get the exact information on income and expenses that are deducted
- Review all the financial records of the firm including income statements and tax return forms
- Analyze the forms and check if they are in accordance with the rules and regulations laid by the government.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Georgia, 2005.
Achievements and affiliations
Awarded the employee of the year in 2010, for the kind of responsibilities undertaken.
Active member of the State of Georgia’s Association of Tax Professionals since 2008
Areas of interest
- Tax and accounting
- Web browsing
References available upon request
The above sample resume will help candidates draft an effective resume in this profile. Candidates need to make necessary changes to the resume as per the job demands and their qualifications and skills.