Tax assessors in most cases work for government organizations and firms. They assess property taxes in the real estate category. Tax assessors and appraisers perform the same kind of tasks; the basic difference being appraisers work for single properties whereas tax assessors in most cases work on multiple properties but the procedures to evaluate the taxes in both cases remain the same. Assessors should have thorough knowledge of all the techniques to assess tax and also be well versed in analyzing various properties using computer software. A tax assessor resume should be drafted keeping in mind the job requirements and if the candidate is fit to perform the said task.
Here is a tax assessor resume for the candidate’s reference:
Tax Assessor Resume
Name: George Hathaway
Birth Date: 28 February 1978
Driver’s License: Yes
Seeking a long term career in this field; working as a Tax Assessor. I would like to increase my horizons further, to attain new heights in this profession. I aim to become an International Association of Assessing Officer in the near future.
- Good at communicating complicated information with ease; both verbally and written
- Posses strong knowledge of the various techniques to access tax
- Aware of all the laws related to assessments of local tax
- Can analyze data, calculate and prepare reports
- Possess organization skills backed with interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Can work independently and also with a team
Organization: Department of Administration, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Designation: Tax assessor
Tenure: 2006 to present
Duties and responsibilities:
- Estimating the market value of a property and classifying it to assess tax using the right policies and methodology
- Check with the rules and regulations and upgrade as per the changing norms of the government policies
- Verifying statements and review personal property files
- Preparing reports and submitting the same to the DDA departments
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business law from Elixir College, Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2005
- Completed an appraisal coursework in Business and Tax and certified with the same in 2006
I was honored with a star performer award in 2010, among a team of tax assessors, for the kind of work done in this area.
Areas of interest
References would be made available upon request.
The above sample of a tax assessor resume could prove very helpful for personals in this profile applying for jobs. One should make appropriate changes to the resume as per the job requirements and the skills and qualifications the candidate possess. It is important that the information in the resume should be accurate and to the best of the candidates knowledge.