Hair stylist is the one who cuts and styles the hair of people to make them appear good. Often, the style of your hair depends upon the way you look, the type of hair you have and the shape of your face. Moreover, knowing these facts is not just enough. An ideal hair stylist must also have appropriate knowledge of cutting, trimming, shampooing, rinsing, etc.
If you are searching for a hair stylist resume, you have landed at an exact place where you will get adequate and exact information on how to draft your resume. Let us first understand why one requires this resume, what all points should one include in his/her resume and how to get your dream hair stylist job.
Hair Stylist Job Description
A hair stylist is a professional person who has essential knowledge of grooming hair. He not just cuts or trims your hair and gives it a required style, but also has proper knowledge on maintaining healthy hair.
Ideally, a hair stylist performs several duties like – interacting with the customers, understanding their requirements, provide suggestions, provide services, and more.
Hence, when you are drafting your hair stylist resume, you are showcasing the employers your qualifications and knowledge about the respective field.
Points to be included in Hair Stylist Resume
The above job description will give you an idea of what all tasks a hair stylist does. Including all these aspects in your resume will inform the employer about your knowledge of this field as well as increase your chances of getting selected.
However, while mentioning the above mentioned points in your resume, ensure you know them to the core. Blindly including these points in your resume can land you up in serious troubles.
Hair Stylist Job Resume Sample
Patrick L. Bennett
3206 Simons Hollow Road,
Plymouth, PA 18651
Looking for a hair stylist job where I can utilize my hair styling knowledge, creativity and experience to generate optimum customer satisfaction.
Key Skills and Proficiencies
- Skilled in model and novel hair styling techniques
- Well experienced in cutting, trimming, styling, straightening, coloring and highlighting
- Proper understanding in using variety of chemicals and herbs for hair care treatments
- Expert in understanding client requirements and satisfactorily meeting their needs
- Proficient in providing after care treatments to the clients
- Skilled in maintaining records and keeping track of inventories and supplies
- Efficient communication skills
Kings & Queens Beauty Saloon
Fall 2011 to Present
Job Profile: Hair Stylist
• Providing hair styling service to sovereign clients
• Introducing Brazilian Keratin treatment
• Training the interns
• Managing the floor and keeping track of inventories and supplies
Elite Beauty Parlor
Summer 2010 to Fall 2011
Job Profile: Assistant Hair Stylist
• Cut and style hair
• Dedicated to hairstyles for bridal and prom parties
• Coloring and highlighting
• Waxing and threading
• Implemented Brazilian Keratin treatment
Huge Beauty Parlor
Fall 2008 to Summer 2010
Job Profile: Assistant/Receptionist
• Greet the clients into the waiting area, serve coffee and taking coats
• Scheduling appointments for customers
• Sweep cut hair and clean shampooing stations
• Maintaining records and keeping track of inventories and supplies
• Cut and style hair
Masters in Hair Design and Cosmetology
XYZ School of Hair Design and Cosmetology, Plymouth, PA, May 2008
Plymouth High School, Plymouth, PA, May 2007
Name: Patrick L. Bennett
Date of Birth: June 11, 1986
Marital Status: Single
The above hair stylist sample resume will give you an idea on how to draft your own resume. Ensure, you include all the above points in your resume to make it effective and job winning.