Planning an event is a tedious process. Lots of energy, patience and coordination skills are required to perform the job. This responsibility is shouldered by the event coordinators. They are the professionals who are responsible for the success of events. These people spearhead the entire activity of the event. So, while applying for this similar job, an event coordinator resume should show organizational and management skills.
You will also have to prove other areas of specialities when applying for the job. This includes your ability to maintain good relationship with people associated with your industry such as: florists, decorators, caterers, musicians, and companies renting event equipments. The event coordinator resume should also speak about your administrative skills.
You can find lots of resume examples on the internet related with your profession considering the importance of event coordinators. Since nobody likes to miss the special moment of their lives, be it wedding, birthday, anniversary or graduation party. They just hire event coordinators as they cannot handle all the responsibilities on their own. This has developed better job opportunities in the event management field.
However, to inform the employers about your event management skills, you should create a resume to prove your skills. Here is a sample of event coordinator resume to guide you in writing one.
Sample Event Coordinator Resume
Craig S. Rupp
2601 Roy Alley
Denver, CO 80221
Phone: (303) XXX-7346
To work as an event coordinator applying administrative, coordination and interpersonal skills that I have gained working at this position for six years.
- Experienced in organizing all types of personal and business events
- Share an excellent rapport in the market with all types of vendors and agencies
- Leadership and supervision qualities and detail-oriented
- Skills to communicate instructions to staff briefly and precisely
- Planning, scheduling and budget preparation skills
- Ability to liaison with local authorities for events permission
- Strong analysis skills to understand the event needs
Top Event Management, Inc. Denver, CO
2007 – Present
- Organize and conduct social and corporate events
- Plan the event venue, budget and schedules
- Interact with clients and guide them on making event success
- Liaison with local authorities to seek permission
- Work with the creative team to develop event promotional materials (flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Contact and solicit a quotation from caterer, florist and other vendors
- Arrange clients venue visits
- Request advance money from clients and explain terms of contract
- Organize events according to clients’ budget
- Coordinate with sponsors for advertisements
- Hire and train volunteers
- Participate in management meetings
Assistant Event Coordinator
XYZ Events Inc., Denver, CO
2006 – 2007
- Recruited and trained volunteers for events handling
- Advised clients on venue, budget and location of events
- Prepared event presentations and got approved from the management
- Handled complaints from local residents within the vicinity of events
- Managed event administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Denver, CO, 2006
As per request
You must have the aim of communicating your planning, management and liaison skills with the help of event coordinator administrative resume. Let the employers know what types of events you have handled working for your current and previous employers.