There are many things in life that is worth preserving, and books are one among those. Books are important in our lives, and are the best companion in times of need. And as such, care should be taken to maintain it for a longer period of time. And this is possible by availing the services of a bookbinder. If you are skilled in doing the bookbinding job, then create a bookbinder resume to show your skills to the employers.
The bookbinders work in a publishing company, or a firm that specializes in doing this type of work. The bookbinding job is a highly skilled job. Further, the job requires knowledge of production and processing. Therefore, do not miss to these specifications in the bookbinder resume.
Furthermore, the bookbinder resume should include abilities that are necessary in performing the job. You must tell the employers that you are able to see details at close range, have the dexterity to move your hands for assembling and manipulating objects.
If writing resume is something you avoid, then read resume writing tips and go through the resume templates online. The bookbinder resume sample given below will make it easy to write your resume.
Sample Bookbinder Resume
Edward T. Townsend
3739 Lindale Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) XXX-7423
To work as a bookbinder in a publication company, or a bookbinding firm where my experience in producing high quality binding works and excellent customer service skills would benefit the employers.
Summary of Qualifications
- Knowledge of bookbinding methods and techniques
- Ability to satisfy customers with experience in producing bindings to their expectations
- Sound natured and cool temperament
- Exceptional ability to understand the customers’ needs
- Capable in providing training and supervising binding work of fellow employees
- Excellent near vision to grab objects’ details at a close distance
- Comfortable in performing manual and machine work
- Knowledge of using cutting machine
Sunny Publications Inc., Oakland, CA
2007 – Present
- Cut, saw and glue components parts to bind new book
- Measure the length, thickness and spine of book and cut the cardboard appropriately
- Use good quality white thread and needle to sew the board on the books
- Keep weight on the bound books to reduce its thickness and dry the glue
- Use cutting machine, hand cutters and board shears to cut cardboard in correct size
- Cut and glue cover materials on the binder boards
- Align the printed sheets in a booklet style for continuity by folding and sewing
- Use colors and designs as per customers’ choice and imprint or emboss it on the covers
- Perform hand finishing jobs such as lettering and grooving while binding books
- Cut and trim the edges from top and bottom to maintain the book size
- Suggest customers in picking up the quality of cardboard, colors, letter for binding purpose
- Confer with clients, and designer to understand the binding requirements
- Arrange for shipment by packing, weighing and staking bounded books on a separate rack
- Preserve old and rare books by repairing, rebinding and restoring it
High School Diploma
St. George High School, Oakland, CA
Available on request
If you treat the bookbinder resume as a glue to pull and fix the employers’ attention in your profile, you will succeed in fetching an interview for the job. Customize this bookbinder resume sample and produce a unique reproduction of your resume.