Constructing a building needs proper planning. The planning should start by drafting the layout of the structure. The draft should be clear and precise to be followed by the supervisors and site workers. This drafting of a plan is done by the architectural drafters. These trained and skilled professional drafts the plan of a building based on which the constructing processes are carried on. If planning and constructing building is your passion, get in this challenging field by drafting an architectural drafter resume.
Since the drafter plan the building design, the architectural drafter resume must include knowledge of design. It should show the employers that you have the knowledge of working with tools, materials, and the construction process involved while repairing old or constructing new buildings. In addition, knowledge of mathematics such as geometry, arithmetic, algebra and statistics is compulsory to achieve the precision in your designs. Furthermore, the architectural drafter resume should include working knowledge of computer-aided design, and application of engineering design and technology.
The work experience is important in fetching the desired employment. Hence, you should state it in a simple and impressive manner to convey your abilities for the applied position. If you are out of practice for drafting the resume, here is a sample of architecture drafter resume for your reference. You may as well read the resume writing tips for architecture resumes on www.topsampleresume.com.
Sample Architectural Drafter Resume
Curtis B. Herrington
4434 Marshville Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
To work as an architectural drafter in a construction company and help architect and designer by drawing their sketches, and planning and drafting own design for projects.
Summary of Qualifications
- Knowledge of engineering tools and applications
- Know-how of design concepts and construction process
- Familiar with geometry, algebra and statistic to ensure precision work
- Good visualization and documentation skills
- Active listener and good communicator
- Ability to work in team and meet deadlines
- Proficient in working all computer-aided design software
Towering Construction Company, Poughkeepsie, NY
2009 – Present
- Prepare sketches to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images
- Prepare initial sketches by conferring with architects and designers according to their concepts
- Study the sketches provided by engineers and designers and prepare detailed design and plans as per the specifications
- Prepare drawings showing plans, elevations, sections, materials and finished, as well as other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping
- Plan and draw the placements of elevators, materials, plumbing, car parking, landscaping, drainage, etc. in the building design
- Analyze and compute the project cost, completion date, and materials needed for the project
- Coordinate with engineers and supervisor to ensure work is going on as per the drafted plan
- Act as a liaison while dealing with the local government officials
- Visit the work site for measurements and planning the architecture design
- Work in computer-aided design software to lay out interior and exterior plans
- Coordinate and supervise the work of draftsperson and other staff engaged in the construction projects
Asst. Architectural Drafter
A-One Builders, Poughkeepsie, NY
2007 – 2009
- Assisted senior drafter in planning and designing works
- Checked materials used in construction and prepared a requisition
- Visited site and ensured workers and supervisor understood the design
- Assisted in preparing project estimation and contracts
- Contributed in building landscape for residential and commercial projects
- Performed an administrative tasks such as submitting plans for receiving approval from the municipality
Associate Degree in Drafting
ABC University, Poughkeepsie, NY
As the population is exploding throughout the globe, the need for more residential and commercial buildings is increasing as well. For architectural drafter, this is a good sign. If you want to get a benefit from this rising trend, use this architectural drafter resume sample in fetching the job.