An administrative assistant resume sample will give you a brief idea about how to draft an effective resume that can get you your dream job. The job of an administrative assistant is usually offered to experienced candidates than to any entry level candidates having no experience. Hence, documenting your resume with proper prior work experience is one of the major constraints while drafting an administrative assistant resume.
The job of an administrative assistant usually differs according to the type of industry. Hence, one must ensure to understand the job description of the job they are applying before they actually draft their resume. Understanding this will help you in mentioning the required skills and knowledge for that particular industry.
The other important constraint while drafting your administrative assistant resume is its format. The concerned job is an authoritative job and often requires professional candidates. Thus, while applying for this job, one must keep their resume simple yet compelling.
Below are some of the quick tips to understand how to draft an effective resume:
- Keep your resume simple yet compelling. Use standard font and font size. Avoid introducing different colors in your resume
- Use professional language and try to mention several relevant keywords which would show your awareness about the industry
- Check for spelling and grammar mistakes in your resume
- Ensure to draft the experience section properly and do not forget to mention your past/current employer details while writing the same
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Michael C. Paine
1252 Big Indian
Kenner, LA 70062
Skilled and well experienced candidate seeking a position of Administrative Assistant in a well-recognized company where I can offer my exceptional communication, secretarial and problem solving skills to bring remarkable change in the overall efficiency of the office.
- Over 3 years of professional secretarial experience
- Strong communicational skills and proficient in client interactions
- Multi-tasking abilities and efficient in completing priority tasks
- Expert in time management
- In-depth knowledge of written English, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation
- Expert in record maintenance and supply management
- Experienced in event coordination
- Letter drafting, Mail handling, Transcribing dictation
- Experienced in staff training
- Effective travel logistics
- Multi-cultural interactions
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Database Management
- Office Equipment: Photocopiers, Fax machines, PABX systems, Video Conferencing
BKA, Inc – Kenner LA
June 2012 – Present
- Interact with clients to understand their requirements and problems
- Organize, attend, record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Schedule and verify appointments and meetings of managers
- Prepare records, maintain databases and proofread correspondences, invoices, brochures, presentations, etc.
- Setup and uphold manual and automated information filing systems
- Keep track of workspace supplies, order and maintain records
- Organize travel schedules and book reservations
Bekshire – Kenner LA
May 2011 – June 2012
- Respond to incoming calls, electronic enquiries and forwarding telephone calls to concerned person
- Greet visitors, interact with them and take them to the concerned person
- Compile data, statistics and supplementary information to maintain research activities
- Keep track of office supplies, order and maintain records for the same
- Report to Administrative Assistant and organize travel schedules and book reservations
- Organize meeting rooms and event conferences
Kenner City School – Kenner, LA – 2008
Associate Degree in Office Administration – Kenner Institute – 2011
Name: Michael C. Paine
Date of Birth: April 2, 1992
Marital Status: Single
The above Administrative Assistant resume sample will help you in understanding all the important points to be mentioned in your resume. Make necessary changes in the above resume sample and draft a job winning resume for yourself. Hope the above information and sample resume helps you.